Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” ~Mary Anne Radmacher
What to Expect
If you are struggling with depression, anxiety, eating concerns, chronic pain, trauma, or relational difficulties and traditional “talk therapy” has not provided you with relief, there is another option.
As a somatic psychotherapist I believe that patterns that keep you stuck are not just mental—they are in the body. Research now indicates that our bodies hold onto the past and this can be reflected in our symptomology. In our sessions I will teach you about the latest research on neurobiology and the autonomic nervous system as well as its connection to your emotions and your relational world. As a body-oriented therapist I will assist you in understanding how breathing, internal sensations, and movement are just as important as the verbal content and can provide access parts of the brain that is not accessible in talk therapy alone.
Benefits of Somatic Therapy Include:
- Greater sense of confidence
- Reframing current and past negative events
- Reduced discomfort, strain, and worry
- Heightened ability to concentrate
- Greater resilience to stress in the future
- Sense of clarity and meaning
- Increase in activity and engagement with others
- Improved sense of calm, positivism, and hope